Dark Angels vs Iron Warriors | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Chef December 17, 202257  44 57 Likes

YouTube video

It’s I vs IV in this clash of Power Armour, but will it be a Bard or Beard victory?

๐ŸŽฅ Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!ย

๐Ÿ† Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated the day after every release, so donโ€™t read it until youโ€™ve watched the game!)

๐Ÿ“– Learn the ways of war with our in depth Tactical Guides!

๐ŸŽฒ Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandiseย

๐Ÿ›’ For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tacticsโ€™ sponsors Element Games

๐Ÿ—บ Game Mats provided by gamemat.euย

๐ŸŽจ For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

๐ŸŽต All music is licensed with artists credited at the end of the video

๐Ÿ“ Be sure to watch the video for the player’s Army Lists

Kaibong deity
Lodge Warrior Member
Kaibong deity
15 days ago

Iron within !

Nathan Whitchurch
Lifetime Member
Nathan Whitchurch
26 days ago

@Beard as a headsup they did sneak into the Imperial Armour Compendium FAQ on 21/9
“Page 120-141 โ€“ All Transport datasheets, Transport section Add: โ€˜Each Possessed model takes up the space of 2 models.โ€™”
Its easy to miss due to not putting it under the transports themselves and instead listing it earlier in the FAQ and making a blanket statement.

Last edited 26 days ago by Nathan Whitchurch
Matt Cargill
Matt Cargill
27 days ago

The most important question……
What type of watch is that Beard? It looks very fancy

USS Sylvester
Lodge Member
USS Sylvester
29 days ago

Great game love it very funny beard inner circle on 4s lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ plus yes James use the white dice the purple ones are curse lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

Justin Prato
Lifetime Member
Justin Prato
1 month ago

That was a great game. Tempest is so much fun as it kept the game interesting right up to the end like it usually does. Beard, also with IW they have that -1 damage for Infantry/deamonkin which really helps the possessed and if you used it instead of interrupt I think you would have had more left as you only killed like 2 with the interrupt. I love your guys content, it is the best on the web.

Colin Clarke
Colin Clarke
1 month ago

That first turn Beard, you seem to have forgotten Iron Warriors ignore cover…

slowwolf
slowwolf
1 month ago

Beard, I am right there with you and those 4s. You’re not alone!

Daniel Ibarra
Daniel Ibarra
1 month ago

Imperial Fists vs Iron girls, please!!

Maeglin
Lodge Warrior Member
Maeglin
1 month ago

Great fun game, awesome to see the Spartan full of Possessed (they do take up two btw but with a 25 capacity hardly matters)! Do wonder if laser destroyers may be better than the quad. Less shots but far more reliable.

Daniel Barter
Daniel Barter
1 month ago

Great game. +10 points for bringing a spartan. +50 points for the Rocky Horror reference ๐Ÿ™‚ I picked up a Spartan for my Space Wolves recently, such a great model. Could really do with some actual ‘new’ landraider rules to bring it up to speed rules wise (as with most of Imperial Armour) but lovely to see you guys running one, (and it looks great in hazard stripes!)

Bryan
Lodge Warrior Member
Bryan
1 month ago

That was hilarious! Fours! Great game to watch.

Matt Strout
Matt Strout
1 month ago

Awesome game – seemed like you had a lot of fun and I certainly enjoyed your repartee while endlessly coding.

ChaosViking
ChaosViking

Foursโ€ฆโ€ฆ hehe

Collin Stiglbauer
Collin Stiglbauer
1 month ago

Do all of these heresy-era models mean you guys might play some Horus Heresy games sometime?

David Edwards
David Edwards
1 month ago

Todays battle report is brought to you by the number 4.

Yann
Lodge Member
Yann
1 month ago

40k is not 40k without gun and vehicle sound effects… I wonder if we would ever get a secondary points for that? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bearer of the Word
Bearer of the Word
1 month ago

The sheer joy you both demonstrate during this game really highlights the hobby at its best. In any game, both players should aim to have fun whatever the outcome, which is easier said than done.

Last edited 1 month ago by Bearer of the Word
Benjamin Olson
Benjamin Olson
1 month ago

Commented on the YouTube side of it before finishing the bat rep, but is was sad to watch (as a DA player myself) seeing the stormshield rules being missed. Bard could have been much more effective and survivable. But I love the energy and attitude they both bring regardless of missed rules, it’s so fun to watch and feel a part of!

Sven Hegenbart
Lifetime Member
Sven Hegenbart
1 month ago

this was a super fun game to watch. Props to both players. The edit ar the end was the highlight tho xD

Gary Fitzpatrick
Gary Fitzpatrick
1 month ago

Always love the energy and enthusiasm, you kill me picking up 3โ€™s as wounds against Deathwing and forgetting the 1 armour save shields give. This must have happened 3-4 times throughout the course of the game. ๐Ÿ˜…

Duncan Christie
Lifetime Member
Duncan Christie
1 month ago

As my usual opponent mostly plays pure deathwatch I can wholeheartedly sympathise with you there beard, was getting ptsd every time you heard “4’s” ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€

ANDREA CARRIERI
ANDREA CARRIERI
1 month ago

I’m a competitive player (not “that guy” instead a loving 21yo lad who makes pew pew during tournament matches) and watching these videos makes me a bit disappointed because I’m not able to play like Beard and Bard anymore. Although they keep forgetting a billion rules everytime, they have fun, scream and always make a mess which I truly love seeing anytime I can. The best in this direction was Mr. Bone, how many laughs… Never stop enjoying yourselves like this guys, you are fantastic!

Mark Casey
Mark Casey
1 month ago

Storm shield rules lads! +1 to saves. Amazing game though, I wish Spartans were better now everyone has one ๐Ÿ˜

Darren Greatrex
Darren Greatrex
1 month ago

I didnt expect a rocky horror picture show reference today, but here we are. and very much appreciated!

Rusty Iron Warrior
Lifetime Member
Rusty Iron Warrior
1 month ago

I’m really interested to see the Spartan and Quad Rapiers on the battlefield so thank you for bringing them Beard!

Dean Brereton
Dean Brereton

4’s

Miguel Fernandez
Miguel Fernandez
1 month ago

Heretic vs Heretic!!! I hope the Heretics win!!!

Joshua Burns
Joshua Burns

Keep those Dice James.

Mekrot
Mekrot
1 month ago

I jumped a bit when you said โ€œcome on Jeffโ€ at 46:04 because my name is Jeff and I was not very pumped at the moment lol I was eating breakfast.

Wil Sterling
Lodge Member
Wil Sterling
1 month ago

Beard reverting to Proto-Beard is certainly not what I expected this morning, but it’s a good look!

Commissar Pen
Commissar Pen

FOURS! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Poor Beard, but also absolutely hilarious
Merry Christmas/Happy Sanguinala to everyone at TT

Justin Faller
Justin Faller

Oh crap I got my Saturdays mixed up and thought it was sigmar ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Guillaume Corbe
Guillaume Corbe
1 month ago

A little mistake at 00:08:20s ? Cuz I did not understand it was Genstealers VS UltraMarine ^^

wayne keeley
wayne keeley
1 month ago

Don’t storm shields give you +1 to your save?

Lodge Warrior Member
1 month ago

That was a fun game! The Spartan had me thinking about one of the gripes I still have with how GW does things. All things considered I think they made huge steps forward in the last few months, both in balancing the game and finally speaking to the community, but when they change things that go across multiple codices they almost never take steps to make things equal and reasonable. To mention a few: Demon Princes for DG, TS and chaos marines have slightly different points and rules, vehicles have different stats and weapons between Loyalists and Chaos, and the… Read more ยป

George Hatch
Lifetime Member
George Hatch
1 month ago

James u make me laugh so much man hahaha *pew pew pew*

WoodsRunning
WoodsRunning
1 month ago

Some say, if you listen closely on a quiet night, you can hear
Bard whispering “wounds on fours” softly on the wind.

Jeremy Sutton
Jeremy Sutton
1 month ago

You know its gonna be a really good game when its almost 2 hours long!

Jonathan Haynes